VALIC is recognized as a pioneer and leader in the industry in marketing and administering successful tax-favored retirement programs.
• VALIC launched a national advertising campaign – live longer retire strongerSM
• VALIC introduces IncomeLOCKSM, an add-on benefit available with Portfolio Director® Fixed and Variable Annuity, that locks in market gains and locks out market downturns during the benefit’s first 10 years
• Guided Portfolio ServicesSM, VALIC’s pioneering investment advice and asset management service for retirement plan participants, reaches $5 billion in assets, serving more than 200,000 clients
• VALIC introduces Premiere 5SM Flexible-Premium Deferred Fixed Annuity and Premiere SM Flexible-Premium Deferred Fixed Annuity
• VALIC introduces Rollover Education Center to help educate the public about the need for sound investment management and distribution of retirement plan assets
• VALIC offers Set Rate Annuity, a single-premium, deferred fixed annuity with market value adjustment (MVA)
• VALIC introduces E-nrollmentSM to facilitate plan enrollment and account management online or by phone
• VALIC observes 50th anniversary
• VALIC introduces Retirement Manager, a combination common remitter service, plan compliance tool and source for plan participant education
• VALIC introduces Plan Sponsor Online, a secure Web site providing plan sponsors tools for managing their retirement plans, with access to plan, account and industry information, and trends
• VALIC and VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc. (VFA), through its alliance with Ibbotson Associates, Inc., announces Guided Portfolio ServicesSM (GPS) — offering plan participants independent, objective and comprehensive investment advice, including wealth forecasting, asset allocation and investment selection
• VALIC surpasses $50 billion in assets
• North American Funds and American General Fund Group merges into SunAmerica Mutual Funds.
• American General purchases North American Funds (NAF) and merges NAF with American General Fund Group.
• VALIC adds a new Multi-Year Enhanced Fixed Account option to its Portfolio Director® product.
• VALIC enhances Portfolio Director® with new variable option choices.
• American General Financial Advisors debuts, providing expanded financial planning resources.
Securities and investment advisory services are offered by VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc., member FINRA, SIPC and an SEC-registered investment advisor.
VALIC represents The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc. and VALIC Retirement Services Company.
This information is general in nature and may be subject to change. Neither VALIC nor its financial advisors or other representatives give legal or tax advice. Applicable laws and regulations are complex and subject to change. Any tax statements in this material are not intended to suggest the avoidance of U.S. federal, state or local tax penalties. For legal or tax advice concerning your situation, consult your attorney or professional tax advisor.