With a company history spanning more than 60 years, AIG Retirement Services (previously VALIC) understands how to build and manage retirement plans that motivate individuals to save for a more secure financial future. It’s no surprise, then, that we currently manage more than $230 billion* in retirement assets for over 3 million* clients.
AIG Retirement Services is dedicated to serving those who serve others with vast experience and expertise helping employees in not-for-profit plans see the future and own it. Whether your business is healthcare, higher education, K-12 public education, government services or nonprofits, our mission remains the same—to partner with you to transform today’s employees into tomorrow’s confident retirees.
Our unwavering commitment to help you and your employees Envision MORE for the future is delivered through three foundational strengths:
- Powerful technology paired with trusted advisors
It’s critical to offer help and support however your employees prefer—whether that’s digitally, in person with one of our financial advisors or a combination of both.
- Smart use of data analytics to enhance plan health
We integrate robust data analytics into each element of our retirement plan offering because we believe data can make a difference in the success of your retirement plan.
- A more personal experience
With personalized messages, curated content and easy access to education, online or in-person, your employees will experience a personal touch to help them get and stay on track for their financial future.
AIG Retirement Services includes these AIG Retirement Services member companies with individual specialized purposes:
- The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (VALIC) underwrites, issues and guarantees annuity products and policies. Guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of VALIC.
- VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc. (VFA) is a registered broker/dealer and an SEC- registered investment adviser that supports our retirement plans and plan participants as well as individuals outside of retirement plans seeking to achieve their retirement and financial goals.
- VALIC Retirement Services Company (VRSCO) provides retirement plan recordkeeping, administrative and compliance services to group mutual fund retirement plans for our group mutual fund business.
AIG is committed to giving back to the communities it serves, including those affected by disasters, through programs and partnerships that leverage the skills, experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm of our employees. In 2018:
- 62,000+ hours volunteered by AIG employees
- $6.5 million in total matching funds to amplify employee donations through AIG’s Matching Grants Program
- 451,000+ meals packed at teambuilding events to feed the world’s most vulnerable with Rise Against Hunger
*As of 12/31/18 –based on the combined assets under management of AIG’s Individual Retirement business and AIG Retirement Services Individual Retirement and AIG Retirement Services customers.